Features in VLC Media Player 2.0
- Rewrite of the playlist (tree structure, input preparsing ...)
- Preferences improvements
- XML parsers
- Client-side SSL/TLS support
- Massive Matroska improvements
- Support for SOCKS proxy
- Support for Shoutcast Meta-data
- Support for (HE-)AAC raw-audio streams
- TiVo demuxer
- Samba (Windows shares) access module
- Dirac decoder and encoder
- PNG decoder/encoder
- Support for Apple Lossless Audio Codec
- Services discovery modules (brand new SAP module, HAL discovery, DAAP (iTunes shares), shoutcast)
- Support for 20/24 bits LPCM
- Video snapshot support (png or jpg)
- Image file video output (png)
- Mosaic (picture-in-picture system)
- Pocket PC port
- Brand new Internet Explorer ActiveX plugin
Changes from VLC (VideoLAN Client) 2.0.5 to VLC 2.0.6
- Fix HTTPS playback with some certificates previously rejected
* Audio Output:
- Fix lookup for device names in auhal plugin
- Fix crash with broken asf files (SA-1302)
- Fix MKV behaviour with unknown or new ebml elements
- Fix use-after-free crash in Ogg demuxer, found by Tomi Juntunen
- Fix regression on some paletted codecs in AVI
- Fix ALAC in mp4 regression
- Improvements to the vimeo playlist parser
- Fix GPU decoding on Intel HD 2000/3000 cards on Windows
- Fix FLAC 6.1 and 7.1 channel layout
- Fix crashes in HTML srt subtitles
- 3rd party codecs updates
- Fix clearing of Media Info panel on dialog exit
- Update of Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, Hebrew, Estonian, Spanish, Czech, Catalan, Bosnian, Asturian, French, Romanian, Serbian, Russian, Hindi, Estonian, German, Slovenian, Norwegian Bokmål, Khmer, Icelandic, Interlingua, Welsh, Ukrainian, Dutch, Danish, translations
- New Gujarati, Aragonese translations
VLC Media Player 2.0.6
on 24 April 2013, reviewed by: cdflyer
I have used VLC player for years. It either works great or it flat out causes major issues with your computer.
Version 2.0.6 cannot be scanned by my Anti-Virus, Vipre Internet Solutions.
It took many attempts to install it. When finally installed, it pretty much took over all audio and video, and the audio quality on playback was terrible, fuzzy and difficult to understand.
I will continue trying to make it work correctly, but in the meantime, Windows Media Server and GOM are my backups. I hope a new revision comes out quickly.
I use Windows 7 64-bit with a fast Intel cpu and LOTS of memory.
VLC Media Player 2.0.5
on 07 February 2013, reviewed by: Poulpos
.Easy to use
.Don't know your actual codec installation ? It comes with its codec files and will use them
.VERY efficient when playing damaged, corrputed, incomplete files
.Will defintitely save you time when your current player fails on some specific files
.Well, if you DO know why you have your current choice of codec installation, VLC won't use them cause it uses its own files
.Ergonomy : inefficient when you want to get just a few seconds backward \ forward.
Just do like me : Use MPC-HC with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. When you have a problem on a specific file (let's say once every 2 years), VLC is the guaranted working alternative, saves me the trouble of seeking throw the net or trying to fix the file.
VLC Media Player 2.0.4
on 25 November 2012, reviewed by: sorbit_2
It is continually improved and is very versatile. I used it together with MPC-HC.
It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.